Continuing Professional Development (CPD) available for CPHT Graduates
All professional associations have Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements and the Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH) has chosen to follow the CNHC’s guidance on this. The definition of a CPD and also an indication of the type and quantity of CPD required can be found by following this link: CNHC CPD
National CPD Programme
The complete list of all CPDs available nationwide with dates can be found here.
These denote CPDs that students are required to attend as part of the Advanced Hypnotherapy Diploma (AHD) Course.
CPDs which last for half a day (AM or PM) are classified as Workshops.
Many CPDs below are now available online via Zoom video conferencing so you can participate in the comfort of your own home. All you need to participate is a computer/tablet with webcam, microphone and an internet connection. Details and the Zoom link will be sent to you using the email address that accompanies your Paypal payment.
CPD Course Notes
After attending a CPD, the course notes are available for download in PDF format by clicking on the Download links below. The links are password-protected; the passwords are issued to participants at the end of each CPD.
Please use the PayPal “Add to Cart” buttons below to pay your fee and confirm your place.
Colour code :
||CPD – AHD required
||CPD – Workshop (half-day)
||Body Language for Therapists by Andy Workman
The beauty of body language is that you don’t have to learn it – it’s a natural skill that we are all born with. So if that’s the case, why attend a workshop? We can all ‘read’ other people and do so in every encounter, but how well do you do it? Maybe more importantly, what signals are you displaying for your client to ‘read’? Is your client genuinely pleased to see you? How would you know for sure? What professional image do you want to portray and how? This workshop uses research, real life examples and plenty of humour to empower you with knowledge and skills that you can use to increase your effectiveness at work, socially and within your own relationships. Join us to find out how easy it is to discover what every BODY is saying.
About the Lecturer :
Andy Workman is a successful speaker, author and solution focused hypnotherapist. His popular approach to the subjects of mental health, mindset and personal development come from his unique blend of professional knowledge, endless research, life experience and a genuine desire to help you reach your full potential for health, wealth and happiness. Utilising over a decade in clinical practice, combined with over thirty years service as a police officer, Andy brings a reality to his work which makes his message so much easier to understand, retain and utilise in everyday life. Andy’s presentations, workshops and book (Cavemen and Polar Bears – a proven strategy for the effective management of your mood and mindset) have been described on many occasions as ‘life changing’.
Book now :
||Neuroscience by Jayne Shaw
The session will address all learning objectives for the AHD module of neuroscience, providing evidence that Solution Focused Hypnotherapy can effectively change the brain and mind functioning to bring positive changes in behaviour.
- Your brain is amazing! There has undoubtedly been huge steps forward in our understanding of how our brains work and this is in part due to the huge technical advances in brain scans.
- What is particularly exciting is how solution focused hypnotherapy dovetails comfortably with findings from research and how empirical findings support what is seen in everyday practice and CORP measurements.
- Understanding brain function is the first step towards solutions.
- Evidence will be provided to show that through relaxation, trance and positive suggestions, the brain’s activity can be manipulated by modulating neural plasticity.
- This sound understanding of the brain can enable the practitioner to fully relate clients’ experiences during the initial consultation.
About the Lecturer :
Jayne Shaw has taught A level psychology for 20 years and successfully balances her time between teaching and her clinical practice.
Book now :
||Working with Teenagers and Young People age 13-25 by Julie May
This CPD will equip you with the knowledge and research necessary to feel confident working with young people. The 13-25-year age group are probably the most at risk of severe anxiety, depression, self-harming, suicide, cyber-bullying and feeling overwhelmed. We will explore and learn about this area in mental health that is in need of more trained professionals. We will look at:
- Mental Illness in Young People
- How the Brain Works in Young People and how this differs to the workings of the adult brain
- Hormones and Neurotransmitters – which ones are helpful and how to better access and use them
- Legal requirements when working with young people including safeguarding
- Working with young people online/by telephone whilst being GDPR compliant
- The Therapeutic Alliance when working with teenagers and adolescents
- The Parents – how and when to involve them
- Is it business as usual? We look at where and how things differ
- How the IC differs when we’re working with Young People, with a specific IC information Gathering sheet
- Peers, teachers and parents: helping young people understand how to communicate better and more easily
- Alternatives to use for our MQ, and Specific SF Questions that work well
- How to cope better with stress
- Language patterns/Metaphors – how to make them relevant
- Case Studies – a selection of case studies throughout this age range
About the Lecturer :
Julie May studied the Psychology of Education for 3 years at the University of Manchester and has worked in Secondary Schools, Sixth Form Colleges and Student Support Offices with students. As well as working as a Solution Focused Hypnotherapist, Julie is a Senior Lecturer for CPHT and a Supervisor with both the AfSFH and the NCH.
Book now :
||Working with Children – Details to follow.
||Hypnotherapy for Fertility – Details to follow.
||Self Hypnosis for Childbirth – Details to follow.
A reminder of key information :
Start and end times are as indicated in the colour code section at the top of the CPD list above.
CPHT Manchester, Cheadle House, Cheadle Royal Business Park, Royal Crescent, Cheadle SK8 3FS.
There is free parking at the hotel.
AfSFH Members : Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training (CPHT) and the Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH) are working together to help you continue your personal and professional development. CPHT are proud to offer AfSFH members discounted rates on various CPD Seminars.
The payment will appear on your statement as payment to PAYPAL *CPHT MANCH.
We require minimum of 2 weeks notice of cancellation. Although numbers are limited, late cancellations mean we cannot always fill your place, therefore we regret no refunds are given within the two week window leading up to the CPD. A 50% refund will be given between 2 weeks and 8 weeks. 100% refund will be given if more than 8 weeks notice is given.
If you are not able to attend the CPD please let us know.